: MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR POSITION OPEN IMMEDIATELY
We are not looking for someone who is just looking for a job. We are looking for someone who is seeking a role on a team making a difference for artists and society—someone with marketing and social media experience, ability to handle multiple creative responsibilities, and work at the center of a dynamic team environment to get things done and let people know about it.
MANIFEST CREATIVE RESEARCH GALLERY AND DRAWING CENTER is seeking a skillful, organized, and energetic person to fill the key part-time position of MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR.
The ideal candidate for this key position will play an important role in the promotion and expansion of this internationally recognized and locally vital twelve year old non-profit arts organization.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will work directly with the Executive Director and Operations Manager to maintain Manifest’s full spectrum of social media, email campaigns, electronic communications and publication marketing efforts to broaden awareness of, and involvement in, all program areas of the organization. The position will work directly with various program lead staff, including the Exhibition Coordinator and Drawing Center Coordinator, in crafting elegant systems for ongoing, clear, and engaging public communications that suit Manifest’s vision and identity.
It is essential that the Coordinator is also able to work independently, creatively devising verbiage and materials utilizing a writing style which echoes the organization’s philosophy, mission, and identity. The schedule for this position is somewhat flexible but must be consistent. The Coordinator must also understand that due to the nature of tasks and activities involved, the work schedule of the position will need to adapt to fit occasional special events and planning meetings, serving the specific needs of the role and the wider needs of the organization.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator must understand and support the mission of Manifest, and should have a deep interest in, commitment to, and familiarity with visual arts, especially in terms of bridging the unique and sometimes complex philosophy of Manifest with the general public, and differentiating the organization’s mission and programs from those of other arts organizations. It is preferred that applicants hold a degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or Communications, and/or possess significant experience relating to this position. A degree in fine art, design, or art history with complimentary marketing/communications experience may also be suitable. Some familiarity with non-profit or practical business operations would be beneficial.
This position offers the opportunity to further establish and build upon the organization’s overall image, and to broaden public impact and involvement. The position offers the chance to be a key part of the vibrant energy at Manifest by interacting with and greatly expanding Manifest’s existing culture of shared creative learning made up of established, emerging, aspiring, and developing artists and academics on the regional and international level. In particular, the opportunity to vastly increase the efficiency and distribution of the award-winning Manifest Press publications is a unique aspect of the position. Position
: Marketing and Communications Coordinator Primary Work Location
: 2727 Woodburn Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45206 (Manifest Gallery and offices) Part-time
: 25hrs per week Salary
Flexible schedule. Position offers considerable growth potential as the role matures. Reports to
: Operations Manager (will also work directly with Executive Director on a regular basis) Application due
: Applications will be accepted and reviewed until the position is filled. Start date
: Position is open immediately. Marketing and Communications Coordinator responsibilities include
- Responsible for creating, promoting, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will increase Manifest’s exposure to the general public, to artists of all levels, and with other related constituents.
- Serving as the lead on public relation/advertising efforts for all organizational programming, including outreach to universities, flyer and postcard campaigns in the public space, and a perpetual and robust social media effort via Manifest’s core Facebook and Twitter profiles, as well as Instagram and other social media platforms as deemed appropriate.
- Working collaboratively to obtain and craft information and core content from program coordinators, while remaining self-sufficient in building compelling and full content in line with program vision and direction.
- Serving as project manager for various aspects of Manifest Press publications, including sales, marketing, distribution and production, and act as key content copy editor and proofreader.
- Handle projects as assigned, such as initiative or special project-related marketing and events.
- Serving as a public spokesperson for Manifest’s programs, philosophy, and mission.
- Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Enhance public awareness of Manifest through increased media coverage at the regional and national levels.
- Design, launch, and maintain email marketing campaigns.
- Create and deliver press releases, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, social media content, etc.
- Coordinate and collaborate press interviews.
- Collect, organize, preserve, and present historical data and archival records and media coverage related to Manifest. General Qualifications & Skills
- Experience in copywriting, graphic design, PR, marketing, and or advertising.
- Comfortable with web-based project management tools and collaboration technologies.
- Comfortable and skilled with routine email communication, both internal and external.
- Willingness and ability to be responsive to email dialog among staff and board members, and take direction or feedback via email. Ability to be responsive via email or phone during non-working hours when needed.
- Very strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Strong understanding of current trends in digital media/social media.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the creation and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, and managing social media campaigns.
- Computer literacy in word processing, database management and page layout.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams. Competencies
- Excellent written, verbal, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be a self-starter with strong initiative and work ethic. Eager to learn and problem solve.
- Ability to work as a key part of a small and very hard-working team.
- Self motivated with a positive and professional approach to accomplishing organizational goals.
- Highly organized, intelligent and punctual.
- Exhibit a strong sense for detail-oriented quality.
- Superior project management and time management skills Other
- Bachelors degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or arts sector.
- Results driven and proactive.
- Familiarity with the Macintosh operating system. (Manifest is an Apple environment.) To Apply
your current resume, cover letter, and three references to: Manifest (Attn: Kelia Hamilton, Operations Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org Re: Marketing and Communications Coordinator Position
: we prefer to receive applications through e-mail only. We also ask that attachments be sent in PDF format only. No phone inquiries please. About Manifest
A non-profit Neighborhood Gallery for the World, and the Center for Drawing Education in the Midwest, Manifest takes a stand for the importance of the quality presentation, experience, and documentation of the visual arts, engaging students, professionals, and the public from around the world through carefully crafted world-class exhibits, studio programs, and publications.
Manifest Gallery serves as a venue for the free experience of quality-vetted contemporary art.
Manifest Drawing Center promotes drawing (and soon photography) as a transformative art form by providing educational experiences focused on shared learning.
Manifest Press documents the organization's collaborations with artists from around the world through carefully designed publications and has the goal to make Manifest's projects accessible to the public everywhere, including outside its own region.
The Manifest Artist Residency (MAR) supports artists in making art and engaging the public by providing a working studio and dynamic environment for development and meaningful exchange. Overview
Manifest Creative Research Gallery and Drawing Center was founded in 2004 by Cincinnati area professors and students. It is a 501(c)(3) non-profit arts organization headquartered in the historic urban neighborhood of East Walnut Hills in Cincinnati, Ohio. The elegant street level exhibition space is minutes away from downtown Cincinnati, and the numerous academic institutions of higher learning in the region. It is also within easy walking distance of a diversely populated historic neighborhood with residents from all walks of life. The galleries are free and open to the public five or more hours per day (including evenings), five days a week, presenting unique and widely varied exhibitions featuring jury-selected works by artists from around the world. The 3500 square foot Manifest Drawing Center studio is located at the other end of Madison Road in another revitalizing urban community of Madisonville, about seven miles from the gallery. The Drawing Center offers life-drawing sessions for artists of all levels, as well as independent college-level workshops and public demos throughout the year, and will be launching a public darkroom photography program in fall 2016.
Manifest is supported by grants and public donations and has the goal to support student professionalism, integrate the arts into the urban residential community and raise the bar on artistic standards. The mission also includes the exploration of the relationship between art and design, as well as the ongoing support and display of drawing in all its various forms.
To learn a lot more about Manifest, its programs, supporters, and people visit: http://www.manifestgallery.org