: Director of Marketing Department
: Marketing Reports to
: Executive Director FLSA Status
: Salaried, Exempt, Full-Time Position Summary
Cincinnati Ballet is searching for a Director of Marketing to join its Senior Management Team in leading the organization through innovation and growth. The Director of Marketing will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic marketing and communications plan to advance the company’s goals related to brand positioning, audience development/engagement, and ticket sales. This position will work closely with the senior management team in leading all marketing, design, public relations and community relations efforts for the organization. Responsibilities
- Work with the Executive Director to set institutional branding, outreach, marketing, and communication goals for Cincinnati Ballet.
- Set strategy and lead all efforts related to marketing, public relations, ticket sales, audience development, and communication both interdepartmental and external.
- Manage company brand strategy and visual guide and set priorities accordingly. - Oversee management of the organization’s design and visual identity, including merchandise, photography, film and multi-media.
- Lead marketing department (Communications and Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Coordinator, Graphic Designer, Marketing Assistant, Group Sales & Community Relations Manager and interns)
- Supervise, evaluate and recruit department staff and independent contractors in consultation with Executive Director
- Set strategy, oversee production and create effective timelines for all design work and marketing pieces (brochures, direct mail, special event invitations, posters, ticketing materials, and other institutional design pieces)
- Oversee Graphic Designer as they execute and manage creative concept, design, printing and distribution.
- Work with the Communications and Marketing Manager and press representatives to set public relations/press strategy as they work to garner outstanding press coverage from a broad range of regional and national outlets.
- Establish relationships with key members of the local and national press.
- Partner with senior management team to ensure an integrated company communications plan that advances the company’s strategic goals in the community and in the field.
- Support the communication and marketing needs of company departments, including the Development Department and Otto M. Budig Academy.
- Create and execute comprehensive multi-channel advertising campaigns for print, radio, TV, direct marketing (mail and email), digital, and out of home sources.
- Place, purchase and establish strategic trades for media.
- Conduct and analyze market research to establish target audiences and effective means to engage them.
- Set strategy and oversee website design, copy, and layout, managed by marketing staff.
- Oversee strategy, planning, and execution of all digital marketing efforts and initiatives, managed by the Communications and Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Coordinator.
- Includes social media, digital advertising, video production and email campaigns.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure a robust social media presence.
- Create strategy to attract new, younger, and more diverse audiences to Cincinnati Ballet
- Establish retention and new audience strategies based on research, past performance, and industry trends.
- Develop and manage the annual marketing plan for Cincinnati Ballet.
- Develop and manage marketing budget, in collaboration with Executive Director and Director of Data & Ticketing Services to set ticket sales goals.
- Plan and oversee execution of subscription and single ticket campaigns.
- Review and approve all public-facing marketing and communication pieces including publications, press releases, email copy, fundraising appeals, and more.
- Cultivate community relationships and in-kind partnerships to maximize the use of the marketing expense budget
- Stay abreast of local and national PR and Marketing trends
- Track, report and act upon ROI of annual marketing campaign tactics, such as direct mail and digital campaigns
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships
- Work in partnership with the Director of Development to secure marketing and/or PR related in-kind donations and/or sponsorships
- Serve as a staff member of the Marketing Committe of the Board of Directors. Lead Marketing Committee regular meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned Qualifications
- Comprehensive knowledge of fundamental marketing principles and practices as normally acquired through a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or other closely related field. A Master’s degree in a related field and arts experience is preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the areas of promotion, advertising, market research, public relations, direct mail and/or web marketing.
- The ability to effectively manage staff and will have a keen ability to collaborate with staff, professional colleagues and supporters.
- Familiarity with and enthusiasm for the performing arts.
- Solid leadership skills and the ability to make marketing recommendations as they relate to the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
- Ability to develop, manage and control budgets as well as effective analytical comprehension.
- Excellent analytical skill to create, read and analyze multiple sources of data to determine action; passionate about data and understand the importance of data-driven decisions and a thorough understanding of performance marketing.
- Polished presentation and interpersonal skills necessary. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes.
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns and complex deadline-oriented projects. Solid project management skills and organization skills needed. Ability to pay close attention to detail. Computer literacy in a Windows environment and database management required.
- Working knowledge of copywriting and editing principles associated with the production of promotional pieces.
- Excellent writing, proofreading, and editing skills required.
- Understanding and basic experience with Tessitura strongly preferred.
- Agency experience and knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop a plus.
Please direct inquires and forward a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
, Human Resources, Cincinnati Ballet, 1555 Central Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45214
Cincinnati Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job-related disability, or marital status.