Community Arts Centers Day 2012 – An Annual Celebration of Art in the Community!
Community Arts Centers Day, an annual celebration of community arts centers throughout the Greater Cincinnati region, returns for a third year on August 11th and 12th. This year, seven community arts centers and ArtsWave are partnering once again to bring people out and bring them together through the arts.
On Saturday, August 11 and Sunday, August 12, 2012, the participating organizations will host an Open House featuring participants of all ages celebrating their communities with creative costumes, masks, banners, musical instruments, and more followed by FREE ice cream socials made possible by United Dairy Farmers.
Community arts centers and arts events like this make our region a better place to live, work, play, and stay. Visit www.FindYourCenterNow.com for a complete listing of events.
Participating community arts centers include:
Saturday, August 11
Sharonville Fine Arts Center (11165 Reading Road, Cincinnati, OH 45241)
- 9:30am – Work with artist Deb Brod to make free form art from recyclables
- 11:30am – Neighborhood Art Parade (Around Sharonville Square)
Emanuel Community Center (1308 Race Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202)
- 11am – My Nose Turns Red Youth Circus Group Activities
- 12pm – Arts, Crafts, and Musical Instrument Petting Zoo
- 1pm – Beauty and the Beast by YMCA Youth Group
Middletown Arts Center (130 N. Verity Parkway, Middletown, OH 45042)
- 11:30am – Middletown Performing Arts Academy and Dancing Games
Fairfield Community Arts Center (411 Wessel Drive, Fairfield, OH 45014)
- 12pm – Arts Activities and Demonstrations
Kennedy Heights Arts Center (6546 Montgomery Road, Cincinnati, OH 45213)
- 12pm – Neighborhood Art Parade (Follows Montgomery Road from Ridge to Kennedy)
Clifton Cultural Arts Center (3711 Clifton Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45220)
- 7pm – The Tempest performed by Cincinnati Shakespeare Company
Sunday, August 12
Peaslee Neighborhood Center (215 East 14th Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202)
Community Arts Centers Day is collaboratively organized by ArtsWave and the participating community arts centers with generous in-kind support from United Dairy Farmers.